Update on Camp Sol’s presence at the 2020 Red Balloon Run and Ride:
We have received notice that the Red Balloon Run and Ride is being transitioned to a virtual event for 2020! This change in format aligns with social distancing guidelines for large events that helps ensure the safety and health of all participants. Though this year will look different than we anticipated, we are hoping this will still be a fun way to get active and represent our Camp Sol team, continuing the celebration of our 20th anniversary.
Here’s how you can participate on April 25th:
- Sign Up: Join our Camp Sol virtual team by signing up here and clicking “Join Team.” This will automatically sign you up as a virtual runner free of charge.
- Raise Funds: Our Camp Sol page remains available for donations here when you click the “Donate Now” button. Once you have joined Camp Sol’s team, you can also set up your own fundraising page.
- Wear Red or Camp Sol: Deck out in red to celebrate the red balloon or a Camp Sol t-shirt of your choice.
- “Race” at a Safe Social Distance: Walk around the block with your family, do a bike ride, host a “dance off,” ride on an exercise bike or find another creative way to join.
- Celebrate Online: Share photos and videos online with #RedBalloon2020 and #CampSolVirtualRun. Also feel free to post your family pictures on our Camp Sol Facebook page, which can be found here.